Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Ollmann Clan Update

I am sorry it took so long to update. Even though I have been at my mom's last week, I came back a day early because both Hayden and I missed being away. Hayden is more interesting then ever now. The last few days at my mom's Hayden thought the dog needed to be fed some tuna. If you look at the flickr pictures I uploaded you can see a bunch of tuna cans in the dog kennel. I am not sure why but Hayden thought those belonged there. He also learned how to use the bike tire pump and thought it was great because he could make noise when he pushed the lever down (also see flickr pictures). I also got some great videos of Hayden dancing and doing something new. His new thing is he has to put the spoon back for you or he won't allow you to feed him. It is too cute. He won't feed himself yet, but he is getting closer. If we put something on the spoon he tries to put it in his mouth, but other than that he hasn't yet accomplished the task of feeding himself with a spoon, fingers are just easier.

We can't believe how much Hayden is beginning to communicate. Well using his pointer finger rather than words, but hey at least he can convey a little to what he wants. He still gets frustrated when he can't communicate, but it is getting better. His two new words are "daga" or doggie and "itts" or kitty. I only know this because he only says this when he is pointing at a dog or our cat.

Some big news regarding Hayden is, in the last 4 nights he has slept through 2 of those nights and woke up once in the other 2. When I got back from my mom's house, Jon and I decided that I would stop nursing him before bed, since that was the only nursing left to do away with. Well it seems to be working and thank goodness too, I thought I was going to be a walking zombie all through Hayden's childhood. I should have stop nursing sooner!

Well I know everyone reads this site just to hear about Hayden, but I do have some good news about another family member. Jon passed his test, and is now an official Nursing Home Administrator, well at least when he gets his certificate in 3 to 4 weeks. We are all doing good, and glad to be home. We miss everyone and hope everyone has had a good week! Check out the new videos and pictures!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Congrats Jon on passing your test and now having the official title of a Nursing Home Administrator! That is very exciting news and such an accomplishment, you should be proud. Hope Amanda and Hayden are both doing well too. The new videos and pictures are really cute...still can't believe how fast Hayden is growing up?!?

Mitch is going to be an uncle anytime within the new week or two! We just had his sister-in-laws baby shower yesterday, everyone is getting really excited and Mitch can't wait to spoil his new nephew...baby Mason! I'll keep you guys posted.

Other than that...it's been a busy weekend between working 24 hours Friday to Saturday staying overnight with one of the boys I do therapy with who has autism and only getting 2 hours of sleep. On my way to the baby shower yesterday, my power steering went out and I had to get my car towed. And now today I am stuck inside doing homework ALL day when it's 40 degrees and sunny outside in WI! What a weekend!

Always good to hear how things are going on the west coast. Take care and looking forward to the next blog whenever you guys have the chance. Love and miss you all!

Ashley

Guess when Hayden will arrive!!