Tuesday, January 27, 2009

5 days to go

Well, Hayden and I are working on night 2 away for Jon. It is hard being away and for Hayden everything is new and big at grandma Melissa's. Today he spent most of the day rearranging the cupboards, playing in the dirt from the plants, and throwing things at the dog (Mr. Tumnus). The dog tolerates him because Hayden gives him food, which is one of Hayden's favorite things to do when he is in his high chair. He throws food on the floor and then watches the dog eat it. I don't know who gets more food Hayden or Tumnus.

I have also found the Wii remotes and TV remotes in the cupboards along with his milk. Today Hayden found raisins in one of the cupboards. He took the lid off and would take a handful and eat it. Then put them back and shut the cupboard door. I couldn't figure out what he was eating until I found the raisins. I am still not sure how many handfuls he got before I found them. He is one smart cookie, when he takes something out of a certain cupboard, he puts it back. It may not be in the same spot but I think he likes the idea of placing things where they should go.

After Hayden got a handful of dirt on the floor and some in his mouth, it was time to vacuum. He knew where the vacuum went after I was done and opened and shut the door for me. It is amazing how much he wants to help. Watching him grow up into a little boy is so wonderful, yet I know he is growing too fast and at night I can't help but watch him sleep knowing someday he will be all grown up and probably be locking Jon and I out of his room.

Well it is time for me to get to bed, but I hope that this brings smiles to everyone reading.

Jon - (We miss you sweetie and will see you soon! Don't worry I gave Hayden lots of kisses for you!)

3 comments:

Jack and Cheryl said...

Good thing Hayden enjoys helping you clean up -- it sounds as if he's going to be a man of action. Figuring out everything on his own and leaving the evidence behind! Don't think you'll be needing to hit the gym .......

The time apart is almost done -- soon you'll be home Amanda. It really is a great opportunity for Jonathan to study -- I would imagine that he would have a hard time concentrating .... playing with Hayden would certainly get in my way!! What's more fun???

Putting a box in the mail for Valentines day tomorrow -- watch for it to come!

Love you guys -- miss you so much!

Kisses & Hugs to all of you!

Life Changed now I'm Moving On said...

Hi Jon, Amanda, and Hayden,
Amanda and Hayden, Welcome back! I know Jon missed you both greatly! Jon, I am thinking about you today, I know you will do extremely well on your test today!Love you all! Lisa

Jack and Cheryl said...

Ahem ... seems to me someone once wrote that the readers had been reading the same thing over and over again .....

I think the readers from the Wisconsin area are ready from some "new" news! :-) (hint, hint, hint)

Guess when Hayden will arrive!!