Friday, June 5, 2009

YAH... It's Summer!

The title says it all... It is finally summer and today was my last class, well until summer school starts June 22, but hey at least I get a little of a break. The summer weather has also kicked in, the last two days it has been 90 here, way to hot for no AC. Also I uploaded some cute pictures of Hayden eating watermelon (his new favorite food), they are too cute you have to check out the juice catcher picture.

Anyway, Hayden is starting to flourish with speaking. He is starting to mimic words a little if you ask him to say something and in the morning when he wakes up, he seems to be talking to his panda. We will try and get it on video. He can also tell you what a cow says, what a kangaroo does, what an alligator does, and what a monkey does and sounds like. We tired to get that on video but it didn't go quite as we planned.

Hayden is starting to hit the tantrum age as well. A couple of days ago he learned how to put the key in the car door. Well he tried putting the same key in our front door. I tried to explain to him that he needed to use another key and showed him which one, well he didn't like that too much and right there he laid down kicked his legs and screamed. It took all of me just not to laugh. Anyway I got him inside and let him finish while I made him dinner. Once he got a whiff of the food, he forgot all about the key.

I can't wait for vacation and a 4 hour plane ride... telling Hayden he can't move for that long period may just drive me and everyone around me crazy. We plan on buying a portable DVD player to play his Barney (the only thing the kid will watch), bring his puzzles, and books which he loves, but if anyone else has any suggestions for a 4 hour plane ride I would love to hear them. Less than 2 months to go! Hope everyone has a great weekend.

5 comments:

Jack and Cheryl said...

The blog looks great - love the summer look! Glad that someone is enjoying some summer weather. We had one really nice day this week and then back to cold & yucky! Can't wait until summer comes to Wisconsin.

I think I may be just a bit partial but you have the cutest little man ever! Those watermelon pictures are precious -- he's really into that watermelon! I can't believe that juice didn't tickle him going all the way down his belly to the "juice catcher." By the way, that works very well!

Can't wait until your able to get him talking and telling you what each animal sounds like on video. I heard a little bit on the phone the other night, but it's hard to hear with background noises.

Can't believe that little sweet Hayden could ever have a tantrum. (teasing) Sounds like you're handling them perfectly ... it's not always easy.

We are looking forward to seeing all of you so much! Love you all!

Pat & Brian said...

Hello Jon, Amanda and Hayden,

Miss you guys so much, we also are looking forward to vacation. The thing here in WI is that it is not summer yet. So make sure to bring long pants and jackets, with sweatshirts also. I think we are in for one of those rotten summers. Cool, wet and yucky. I sure hope not, but here it is June 10th, and only in the 50's. El Nino is at it again. That means few nice days, and mostly cool. But that will not stop us from having fun and loving seeing you guys. Maybe while you are here you could look for houses in WI. They all seem to have big back yards!! HINT HINT.... I have been having trouble getting on the comment section of the blogs. Your mom helped me get a new pass word so I can write again.

Your son is sooooo cute. Love the photo of the mellon eating. I had to laugh at the tantrum you described, I wish Brett and Bon would be with us up north, with Sadie and Ben. Those two little ones would get on so great. She gets upset and folds her arms over each other and won't look at you. She is a stubborn one. And the newest word is MINE...as she pulls the toy away from Ben. What a woman.

Well hope the days stay nice and warm and sunny in
Tumwater. Maybe we will get some too soon. Have to go and do dinner.

Love and hugs to you all...

Linda said...

Oh My!!! Hayden is just too cute. One of my favorite pictures is Hayden in the Wisconsin Badger's hat with glove in hand and pacifier in the mouth. It's the perfect combination!

I know I don't comment very often, but please know how much I look forward to your posts and pictures... Keep up the good work.
Things are good here. If the pond would just go down, we could put our house up and move to someplace warmer also. This long pants and jackets stuff is really getting to me.

Well, kiss your little one for me and know that you are all missed by Komoll-Ollmann's 1,2,5,7 and 8.

Love ya!

Ashley said...

Love the new pictures you posted, looks like you guys had a lot of fun at the baseball game and had great seats too! Hayden looked so cute in his Mariners shirt and with his baseball glove on.

I couldn't help but laugh about his tantrum -- and more fun begins...

I love the new look of your blog page, it looks great! Keep up the great work. Glad to hear the weather is nice by you guys...except 90 sounds hot! We'll see what this weekend brings in WI as far as the weather goes.

Well...I finally graduated from UWM with my undergraduate degree in OT this spring! On the last day of my final exams, Mitch called me with great news that we finally sold the house we were living in! It was a model home he built last year and it had been up for sale for over a year. The only thing is that we had to be out in 2 weeks! AHHH!!! I only had one week off of school before I had to start Graduate school. So now...I'm right back into the swing of school and living between mitch's parents and my parents house. 2 weeks was not enough time to move AND find a new place to live. We'll see what happens!

Hope all is going well for you guys and have a wonderful weekend! Miss you all -- take care!

Love,

Ashley

Life Changed now I'm Moving On said...

Hi Jon, Amanda, and Hayden!
I know I have not commented in awhile, I want you to know that I look daily at your blog to see the pics and smile...I am really missing all 3 of you, and can not wait until the end of July for our vacation together, I know it will come fast! Love you all!
Lisa

Guess when Hayden will arrive!!