Sunday, November 22, 2009

So much to do...so little time

As the time ticks down on our time in Washington, we decided to make a list of things we still want to see/visit before we move.

Last weekend we went to Pikes Market for, presumably, the last time for awhile. It was a little cold, but we had a great time. There is this awesome pasta stand that we had been talking about for 2 years...finally bought some. We also bought a piece of street art to go in the "new house", home-made doughnuts, and of course we had to get drinks from the original Starbucks. We took Hayden out to lunch on the pier, he got excited since "football" was on during lunch.

This weekend, unfortunately, we did not get to do much. I have pneumonia and Hayden has a little cold. So, we started packing/labeling boxes...you know, the fun stuff. Next weekend will be better.

Hayden has been speaking a lot more clearly lately. Sentences are flying out of his mouth. This week if I started coughing, he would come up and ask me "daddy ok?". If I was sleeping "daddy seeping", if bugging him "no-no daddy stop it". There is also "please mommy more chips now" and "i love you daddy/mommy" is stating to come out uncoaxed. Almost everything that we say he tries to mimic.

When he does something he is excited about, he proudly states "I did it!" to which he usually gets a big smile and a hug. His toys are starting to occupy more of his time. He lines them up and even drives/moves his cars around. Most of the cars have names..."Mack"..."Queen"...you know, right out of "Cars".

OK, we will post more as time permits...hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Morning Guys

Happy Birthday Jon! Hope you have a wonderful day and are feeling a little bit better ....pneumonia .... it doesn't sound fun and right before Thanksgiving/moving/trying to enjoy the time you have left in Washington!?! Hope Amanda and Hayden are both doing well -- Hayden sounds like he is really growing up fast and is a lot of fun -- wait till Christmas! :)

Which brings me to say...I was pretty excited when I read that you guys are moving to Indiana! I saw your parents, Hailee & Gabi on Saturday at Garrett's birthday party and heard all about it -- congrats on the promotion, I'm very happy for you guys, happy that you'll be closer to home, and know that you will make just as many memories in Indiana as you did in Washington! I'm still a bit bummed though that I never got the chance to come visit you guys while you were living on the west coast! Maybe someday...

I've been staying extra busy with school, trying to finish up this last month of the semester. I pretty much go right up until Christmas -- my last final exam which is statistics is on the 21st at 430 pm -- I can not wait until that day and until that exam is over. I have to pass all my grad classes with at least a B or it doesn't count and I'd have to re-take them, so I'm crossing my fingers for at least all B's.

I hope you guys have a very Happy Thanksgiving, have a great week, happy birthday Jon, and take care! Good luck with all your packing and getting everything figured out! It would be soo great if you guys were back home before Christmas. Love and miss you all!

Ashley

Life Changed now I'm Moving On said...

Hi Jon, Amanda, and Hayden!

First thing is first..HAPPY BIRTHDAY JON! I hope you are feeling so much better by today...although it doesnt sound like you have been able to get a ton of rest, I still hope you are feeling better so that you can enjoy Thanksgiving this week, and have time to do some of those things on your list to see/do before you move from WA to IN.

I read your blog all the time, and want you to know that I think of each of you daily...I always hope when I am at Mom and Dad's that we'll get the chance to Skype and see each other...but so far with working the jobs, it hasnt panned out...soon...I cant wait to see some pics from Halloween of Hayden as a cowboy, and hear more about what you see and do before you move to IN.

I love you all!

Love,
Lisa

Guess when Hayden will arrive!!