Friday, February 12, 2010

The Nightmare called Hayden

The title says it all... today Hayden has been a nightmare! I went this morning to get my license and registration for the state of Indiana, and I had to take a 44 question drivers license test. I haven't taken one of those in just about 9 years. Needless to say, Hayden decided that he was going to run wild around the building, so between chasing him around and trying to take the test. Well I get the test back and it turns out I failed the sign portion of the test. Yes, I failed a drivers license test... go ahead laugh it up. Just looks like I will be stuck with a Washington license until tomorrow when I can take the test again, without wild child to interrupt me.

So after we left the BMV, we went to Home Depot to get paint, since it is on sale and we still have lots of painting to do (by the way we finally found a red for Jon's office). Anyway, Hayden found a display to knock over and destroy as I was talking to a guy about paint. Who knew the terrible twos could be so horrible. I have never been so frustrated with the kid in my life. On top of everything else his new thing is "I sorry" and he says it every time you scold him or tell him "no." He even told me when we got home. "Momma Hayden naugy" aka naughty... and I said "yes, don't bother momma right now." He said "okay" and went off and played. Sometimes I you want to be so mad at the little guy but you can't. So for all of you out there waiting on another kid from us, you may have to wait just a few years longer after today!

2 comments:

Life Changed now I'm Moving On said...

Hi Guys!
I can not imagine my perfect nephew being challenging at all! Ha! I actually can picture him running around in the DMV and causing a display to fall in Home Depot...I know at the time it was frustrating, however it is also worth a small chuckle imagining it happening. Did you go back for your test? Did Jon take his? I can not believe they make you take a written test for an IN licensure...wierd...can not wait to read more! Love You all and Miss You!
Lisa

Jack and Cheryl said...

More Please!

Missing you guys so much. Love you!

Guess when Hayden will arrive!!