Saturday, February 27, 2010

Window Treatments Cost How Much???

I know this post doesn't have too much to do about Hayden, but I had to post it anyway.

Amanda already posted that we got new shades/curtains last weekend, what she didn't mention was that they cost the same as a used car.

Seriously...they hang over your window and you pull them up and down so people don't see your butt. I understand that; but do they really have to charge that much for them? I would have expected them to be made of gold with a diamond trim. At the vary least maybe come with a bottle of liquor and a massage. Or maybe if the shade gave you a quarter every time it opened and closed it might pay itself off by the time the mortgage is paid.

Well, Amanda is happy with them and happy wife, happy life. Maybe I'll save a little more on energy costs.

On the Hayden front - I taught him to sing "Happy Birthday" to Amanda, so she got a nice rendition on her birthday. Lets just say the boy will not be a music star at any point in his life, a little tone-deaf, but he got the words right and we got it on video.

Potty training is going OK at times. At least there is a glimmer of hope there and we can get some of that "curtain" money back on diaper savings soon.

That is about it for now, just had to get my little rant out! Enjoy your weekend everyone!!

3 comments:

Ruchell said...

LOL - Welcome to home owning! Can't wait to see them I am sure they are gorgeous and your house looks great! Happy Birthday to Amanda I hope she had a wonderful day!!! Miss you guys!

Jack and Cheryl said...

They were worth it Jonathan! They look beautiful .... Amanda is doing an amazing job!!!

Missing you guys already .... we got home around 8:30. Hurried the girls into the shower and got them to bed. Dad's already camped out on the couch.

Linda said...

Must say the window treatment thing gave me a huge chuckle! Having just gone through the same thing...I totally am with you on the fact that they cost way too much. But a little privacy is always nice.
Miss you guys. Hope to see you soon!

Guess when Hayden will arrive!!