Thursday, January 24, 2008

Down in Portland

Well, it's updating time! Right now I am down in Portland with Hayden for my 6 week check up with my doctor and for sister's birthday. Jon is up in Washington working and waiting for Lisa to get here, which I have decided I am not going on another long trip without a traveling companion. Specially while Hayden is going through a growth spurt.

I can honestly admit motherhood is nothing like I expected and yet somehow has turned out better! Hayden is the perfect baby. Now don't get me wrong, there have been times, for instance last night, when the child just won't sleep and all he does is eat. I average a total of maybe 3 hours of sleep in 30 minute intervals during his growth spurt moments, but when I look at him I can't help but see how beautiful and special he really is and get over the fact I don't sleep.

At the moment Hayden is growing like crazy and now fits into his 0-3 months clothes(well all but the feet - his feet are to big for the outfits)! He is eating 3 to 5 ounces every 1 to 2 hours and going through maybe 12 to 14 diapers a day. The kid is a crazy eater and I never would have guessed breast feeding is so exhausting and painful until this moment. I thought he was bad when we first brought him home!

Anyway, I just wanted to update everyone. There hasn't been much new since Jon's last posting, he does stay awake a lot more during the day, and usually sleeps in large intervals (which gives me time to clean). However, the one thing he loves is the swing! Also, some good news is the cat is finally coming to terms Hayden isn't going anywhere and has changed to be protective over him.

Well, that is all I can think of to update for now. Hope everyone is doing well, and we miss you all!
Love,
Amanda, Jon, and Hayden

No comments:

Guess when Hayden will arrive!!