Thursday, March 19, 2009

15 month check up

Today we had Hayden's 15 month check up. He got 2 shots: his MMR and the first chicken pox shot. He didn't like them very much, but I managed to take the tears away. Well, if I didn't put him down - which was difficult while trying to dress him. Hayden is 31 inches and 23 lbs 7 oz. For height he is in the 50th percentile, while for weight he is under in the 30th percentile. So now we have to watch his weight to see if there is anything going on the doctor needs to know.

It was surprising to find out your son has a weight problem in the opposite direction. Specially since the kid eats non-stop! Sometimes Hayden eats more than Jon or I in a single setting and yet the kid is underweight. The doctor also pointed out he is very active (he wouldn't stay still for the doctor). So he could just be burning all of the calories he is eating. None the less, we have to go back in a couple of months for a weigh-in.

On the positive side, Hayden now holds my hand when he walks outside. I think he figured out I will let him walk to the car and outside, when not at a park, if he holds my hand. Since we live in an apartment complex I get so nervous that he will take off and get hit by a car. So I have been carrying him to and from the car. Not anymore thank goodness. He is such a big boy. He can go up the steps (no more crawling up) with help from the railing and he can crawl into the car and get in his car seat. It helps out so much now he can do more stuff on his own.

He is growing up so fast! Anyway I hope the weather is going well for everyone else, we are still waiting for the sunshine to come out. Miss everyone and wish everyone was here with us!

2 comments:

Pat & Brian said...

Hi guys,

Just dropped in to see what is new. I think you hit the nail on the head when you said Hayden is just so active, he burns off lots of calories. I think I should come and be with him, unfortunaltely, my calories are going the other way. Oh, well....not too much new here. We are going out to dinner tonight with the kids to celebrate my birthday. This is something that doesn't happen too often, all of us available on the same evening. Well I have chatted enough, stuff to do.
Sending all our love and hugs...

Brian and Pat

Jack and Cheryl said...

We took some of the pictures from Grandpa's trip to show the grandparents today. Grandma Ollmann lined them all up (about 10 of them) and picked up one where Hayden has his hands crossed, turned a bit sideways and is looking at the camera with a 1/2 smile on his face. She told us he looks "like a little dickens" .... hmmmm ........ sounds just like what she called you Jonathan!!

We hung the picture on the board in her room ....

Love you guys so much!! Catch Hayden and give him a big hug from me ....

Guess when Hayden will arrive!!