Thursday, May 8, 2008

Busy Week

Sorry there hasn't been many updates this week, but I have been extremely busy with observing classrooms and school this week, and Jon has gone back to work a couple times after I come home from class. So needless to say Hayden has spent about 10 hours with the sitter, Jon's boss's wife Sueann, this week during the day. Hayden loves going to Sueann's in the morning. They have two daughters one 11 or 12 and the other is 8. They both love him and play with him, well while they are home and not at school. He comes home completely exhausted and usually sleeps the rest of the afternoon.

He seems to be getting better with his teething. He still has only one tooth that has broke through, but we know the others are coming in. When we give him his nuk he usually grabs it with his hand turns it on its side and chews on it. We were almost wondering if maybe some back teeth were coming in to that were bothering him. He has been sleeping a lot during the day. Jon said this was due to his teething - maybe it isn't as painful when they sleep.

With that said his sleeping patterns are good and bad. There are times when he sleeps great and then like last night up every 30 minutes (although I decided it was the warmth of his room that woke him up so much last night), once I turned the heat down he slept for a 2 hour stretch.

He is just the perfect angel though, learning to play by himself. His tummy time has extended in length before he gets frustrated and wants attention. He has almost got the rolling over from back to front down. He needs a little help getting his heavy legs to role with him. But its his smiles that bring so much joy to my heart. He is such a beautiful baby, Jon and I couldn't have gotten any luckier.

Well this weekend is Mother's Day weekend and we have a boat festival in town down by the pier so we are very excited to go to that. Good news too, I don't have to work Sunday. So I get to spend it with my handsome guys, we will post more pictures this weekend. Miss everyone and Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there, hope it is as special as all of you.

Love,
Amanda, Jon, and Hayden

3 comments:

Life Changed now I'm Moving On said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Life Changed now I'm Moving On said...

Hi Amanda, Jon, and Hayden!
Happy first Mothers Day Sunday Amanda! I hope it is a wonderful and special time with your guys! I cant believe how much I miss all of you..I really cant wait until July to have you here with us for a week.....enjoying the fun, quiet, relaxing cabin, and lake time with us up north! Not much new here, I love hearing how you guys are doing, and am always thinking about you, I had a dream about you all last night, we were all on vacation...hmmm..you can tell where my mind is huh? Missing you and hope to talk to you soon. Love You, Lisa

Pat & Brian said...

Hi Ollmann's,

Nice to hear all about your week. It does sound very busy, hope you can all relax and enjoy the weekend. Congrats on your first mothers day Amanda. Make sure Jon spoils you a lot! No poopie diapers for you on Sunday, Maybe none at all. Just flowers, chocolate and jewelry! Sounds good doesn't it? (KIsses and Hugs too) Nothing much going on here. I am heading out shopping with Gin and Nan for a short while today. Have some returns to do. Brian is helping Bob put the boat lifts in this weekend, and we are all going to Stacy's to celebrate Mom's day. So we too will have a great weekend. Hope our weather stays nice. Sending our love and hugs, miss you all very much. Brian and Pat

Guess when Hayden will arrive!!