Friday, May 16, 2008

A visit to the doctor's office

Even though Hayden will be 5 months on Saturday, yesterday was his 4 month check-up. Which means shots for the poor guy. With Jon's new schedule he cannot come with me, so I was all alone and worried i wouldn't be able to handle it.

Good news is we have a very healthy and extremely strong boy. Hayden weights 17 lbs, is 25.5 inches long, and has a head circumference of 15.5 inches. He is of course in the 98th percentile for weight and height.

While we were waiting on the nurse to come in and give him his shots he did his circle thing on the doctors examination table. Tearing the paper on it to shreds. Oh he loved that. It took all I could do to keep him from eating it.

Now comes the most dreadful part, the shots. Hayden did great, didn't cry or anything. On the last shot, the one that will cause the fever, irritation, and pain he let out a little noise as the needle was coming out. But there were no cries on the way home.

It wasn't until the band aid came off did he cry, unfortunately Jon had to deal with that all on his own since I was in class. I feel horrible, I know that is the hardest part on me to see our baby cry. He handled it pretty good, he was smiling when I got home.

Well Jon's car was having problems again and because of it being in the shop we are down in Vancouver, Washington for the day until Jon is done with his training. Good news is I decided I am going to have a little fun with Hayden and we are going to IKEA and Best Buy and do a pretend shop for what we want in our future house. It must be a woman thing, because I am extremely excited and Jon just looked at me like I am crazy.

Tomorrow we may be going to the Portland Zoo. We will take lots of pictures. Miss you all!

2 comments:

Life Changed now I'm Moving On said...

Hi Guys!
I cant believe how much Hayden has grown! WOW! I love the pic sent to my phone, he is just too precious! I am missing you all, and love reading the blog and looking at updated pictures, it seems as if it were yesterday that he was itty-bitty, but now he has grown so much! Love the new pics..in some light his hair looks dark blonde, in others almost looks red...he is just too cute! Love You All! Lisa

Jack and Cheryl said...

Hello Ollmann's,
Grandpa thinks Hayden will be goalie material -- no soccer ball goings to get past him. Grandma says soccer's okay, but not football -- don't want my grandbaby to get damaged -- much too dangerous!

We agree with Auntie Lisa - the pictures are great and we can see that little bit of red hue in his hair sometimes too!

Glad to hear that you all survived the round of shots -- not too many to go and it will be done for a few years. Hailee just learned that she's going to have to get a couple before starting 6th grade and she's not too happy. We'll let her know that Hayden didn't cry so she can't either.

Amanda, enjoy your day at IKEA & Best Buy -- we agree that it never hurts to dream -- by the way, how much does Hayden like shopping?

Can't wait to hear all about the zoo ..........

Tons of love & hugs & kisses to all of you!

Guess when Hayden will arrive!!