Friday, May 9, 2008

Yah for solid foods...

Well it is official. Hayden is now eating solids, well as solid as baby food gets. He is on the first foods. We have so far given him sweet potatoes, sweet peas, carrots, and bananas. He absolutely loves sweet potatoes and bananas. Sweet peas he is a little unsure of. Last night was his first experience with them and his faces when it was put in his mouth were priceless. Shame we didn't get it on video camera. Now carrots we are unsure if he likes or not. I was feeding him them, and I am not sure if he was slapping my hand away or trying to help but lets just say the entire jar went all over him. So we have yet to give him large quantities of carrots. This weekend Jon is setting up the highchair. I can't wait to have him at the table and see how he reacts.

I have good news. Hayden woke up twice last night! Yah! We at least got some good sleep although I still felt I needed to catch up on sleep from this busy week. Well I just wanted to inform everyone about the solids he has started on. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Mothers especially! Love you all.

3 comments:

Ruchell said...

That is so exciting! Just FYI. Brooklynn loved bananas and apple sauce and those can bog them up - if you know what I mean. So I had to alternate between apples & bananas with pears and prunes. Yum!

Jack and Cheryl said...

Hailee wants to know if Hayden will be ready for ice-cream when he comes on vacation? She wants to feed him an ice cream cone and see how messy he can get!

Amanda -- Happy 1st Mother's Day tomorrow!!!! Hope Jonathan and Hayden make the day extra special for you -- you deserve it!!!

(Jonathan that means breakfast in bed, doing all chores and Amanda gets to choose how you spend the day -- just like you did for me . . .right? I think that's right?? Is that right??? :0))

Love you guys so much . . . . missing you tons . . . and so looking forward to seeing you all . . . . give Hayden a rub for us, and lots of hugs to one another!

Linda said...

Solid food already. He is getting so big........and cute as a button!

So much looking forward to meeting him in person and seeing you guys again.

Keeping up the great posts.

Guess when Hayden will arrive!!