Thursday, July 3, 2008

Already July?

I can't believe it is already July! We have been having gorgeous weather here in Washington. Saturday we went to Ocean Shores to see the sandcastles. There was also a wood carving exibit too which was really cool. It was almost more interesting to see the wood carvings then the sandcastles. There were three master sandcastles groups, a few intermediate, a couple novice, and a lot of beginners. It would have been more interesting if there were a ton of masters, because there sandcastles were amazing. This one group had a huge elephant on top of a throne it was pretty cool. Sunday we stayed inside, because it was just too hot for our little man. The best part about Sunday was Hayden only woke up once that night. He woke up at 3:30 and then not until morning.

I thought he was going to start sleeping through the night. Little did I know that teething was going to hit us all week. Starting Monday night Hayden started crying a lot and not eating as much as he usually does. We just thought he was tired, so we put him to bed early and he woke up a couple hours later with a fever. He gave him some motrin and it knock the fever out, but poor Hayden was up a lot that night. This has been his routen for the whole week. Waking up 5 to 6 times a night, wanting to be held and nursed. I think he thinks I can take the pain away. I wish I could, he was been crying a lot most of the week and it is just not like him. Jon and I both want our happy Hayden back. It is not that he isn't happy, you can just tell he is miserable. They say this only last until the teeth break through. I can't wait!

Not much else has happened this week. We have been trying to keep Hayden enterntained to keep his mind off his teeth, which requires around the clock entertainment if he isn't sleeping. We did go to the driving range this week so Jon could teach me how to golf. My very first swing I missed the ball and Hayden laughed at me. He actually laughed because he was quiet and good for everything else but me missing the ball. It was pretty funny, he had Jon and I laughing pretty hard as well. Hayden has been saying DADA a lot lately. I have been trying to teach him MAMA, but whenever I say MAMA he just says DADA.

This 4th of July weekend isn't going to be too exciting. Tomorrow Jon is judging the floats in our town 4th of July parade. So Hayden and I plan on going down and watching it. Other than that we are afraid we are going to miss the fireworks due to little man's teething, but there are always other years. Jon has to work Saturday and Sunday, and my mom is coming on Sunday to babysit Hayden for the week while I am doing my intrenship, because Jon's boss, wife (our babysitter), and kids are on vacation.

Well I hope I didn't bore too many people. We miss you all and can't wait for vacation, 3 more weeks!

1 comment:

Pat & Brian said...

Hi Ollmann's,

I also can't believe its July already. How come winter doesn't go so fast? We are all looking forward to our vacation, went by your folks last night and discussed some food options and then as usual we got off on all other subjects, then back to vacation and then off to totally goofy stuff. We had a really nice evening on Sat. for Bob and Joan Fox's 50th anniv. party. So nice to see the whole family and it wasn't a funeral. Today I have been running around alot. Ben had a class at the zoo, Kylie came with and then we spent some more time there after his class. It is 88 and humid. I am BEAT!! Thanks for the undate on your family, always so fun to read. Have to go and get dinner started. The boys are riding their bikes over and we will all have dinner together. Stacy is with a friend who just got her final papers on her divorce, she is so sad, but it just wasn't working out. Two small wonderful kids and the dad just didn't get it. To interested in racing. What a bad trade he made. So soon we will see you all again. Hope your week goes smoothly for you all. Say Hi to your mom from us. See you soon...

Guess when Hayden will arrive!!