Thursday, December 18, 2008

Winter wonderland in Washington

Well it is going to be a beautiful white Christmas this year! I would like to say that is a good thing, but unfortunately Jon had to walk to work to day because it is impossible to get down or up our hill we live on and we had planned a Christmas party at our place Christmas Eve and we are only going to get more snow this weekend! In fact it is snowing right now, on top of our already 6 to 6 1/2 inches. Here is a picture outside our dinning room window.



The fun and exciting part about today, was I took Hayden outside to play a little bit in the snow. I got him all bundled up thanks to everything, everyone got him for his birthday. He was wearing the Packer's outfit from Aunt Nanc, his jacket he got from his Auntie Lisa, and his hat from his Great-grandma Clauer. He was wearing two sets of gloves because I didn't want his little fingers to get cold, and because we don't have snow boots for his monstrous feet, I put plastic bags over his socks to keep his feet warm and dry (an old trick from skiing I learned in Colorado). I took pictures but this is my favorite!


I will upload the rest to flickr. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day, I know many places are going to be hit with snow, so be safe out there!

3 comments:

Jack and Cheryl said...

What a beautiful view from your window .... too bad it's caused such a headache for Jonathan. I'm just glad that he made it home for Hayden's birthday ... and today too, walking 3 miles in the snow; without boots ... just can't imagine that his feet weren't frozen!

Hayden in the snow .... precious!!! Have I mentioned how absolutely adorable he is????? Thanks so much for posting the pictures and telling us about your day Amanda!

You guys stay warm .... hoping that snow stops soon and you're able to enjoy your holiday party.

Love you guys so much!!!

Ashley said...

Happy 1st Birthday to Hayden on Wednesday -- sorry I'm two days late! Hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating his special day. I absolutely love the pictures posted, especially the one of him in the snow -- what an angel! The view from your window is beautiful too -- it looks like our view from WI after the snow storm we had today -- but poor Jon for having to walk in it! Hopefully the snow will let up for a little bit, so you can enjoy it but yet are still able to drive and have your party!

Sorry I didn't get on to wish Hayden a happy 1st bday on Wednesday, but I was thinking of you all. I spent almost my entire week at the library studying for final exams and I am FINALLY finished as of today! My life was put on hold for the past week and now I have lots of catching up to do. Thank goodness the semester is over...it was a tough one!

Well, just wanted to say hi and hope you all are doing well. I love the new look of the blog page -- nice work Amanda and thanks for doing such a great job keeping us all updated on everything! It can't be easy, but we all appreciate it! Take care you guys and have a great weekend! Stay warm! Love and miss you all...

Linda said...

Well, your not alone in the snow department, if that is any consolation. Today we got more than a foot and it looks like we will have another round on Saturday and maybe one more on Sunday. Really can't wait to get out of here.

Hayden looks absolutely adorable in the snow. Did he try to eat any? You know that's the thing to do.

Miss you guys. Have a great Holiday!

Guess when Hayden will arrive!!