Saturday, December 15, 2007

Getting closer...

Well today has been very interesting. It started at 5:00 AM when I woke up and thought my water had broke. I wasn't sure however, so I stayed awake for a half hour or so but I didn't have any contractions and went back to sleep. I then woke up around 7:00 AM and the same thing was happening so when my mom came in to ask how I was doing I told her what was going on and she told me to call the doctor, because it is possible for your water to break and not have contractions (good to know now!!). Well, I called Jon first because I wasn't sure I was in labor and he called his boss while I called the doctor and the consensus was everyone thought my water had broke. I spent at least 3 hours in triage trying to determine whether or not I was in labor and even though I was having contractions (not painful ones) every few minutes they tested my fluid and it was not amniotic. All in all I had a false alarm this morning... Only good thing that came out of it was I got to see my wonderful, gorgeous husband, since I am now down in Portland with my mom!

3 comments:

Ruchell said...

How exciting! I know how it stinks when you think you are in labor and get sent home. I was sent home once too with false labor. But you are right it is getting closer! We are thinkinh about you guys!

Jack and Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jack and Cheryl said...

Ahhh . . . we were so hoping that this was the "real call." We know . . . you knew we needed a little excitment on our Saturday morning! Hailee was even getting used to being called "Auntie Hailee" -- we were practicing on the way to basketball. Remember Amanda jump, jump, jumping jacks! :-) Love you guys -- give Hayden a rub for us! See you soon.

Guess when Hayden will arrive!!