Sunday, December 2, 2007

A Little Christmas Pondering

OK I know I will probably hear about this...2 postings in a day when we haven't updated in a while, but this is for a good cause.

Amanda and I were walking through the mall today and we saw a tree in the middle with tags on it. On each tag was a name of a kid in the Olympia area and a list of things he/she wanted for Chritmas. We had both been talking about donating some things earlier, but when we saw the tree we each picked one and did a little shopping for them. Of course we didn't spend a fortune on each one, but enough to make their Christmas a little more special than it might have been.

It also made me think of when I was in the fifth grade, and as a family, we went to deliver presents and food we had gathered as a class. It was eye opening to say the least from what I can remember.

With that said, today really made me stop and think how lucky Amanda and I are. I have a job that allows us to live very comfortably, yet allows for plenty of time at home; a wife who I love more than anything; friends, family and all of you reading this; and of course our soon to come son, Hayden who is already spoiled. :)

It really is true that at this time of year you stop and think about what you have, and I for one, thank God for everything that I do.

2 comments:

Jack and Cheryl said...

Jonathan & Amanda, It's a wonderful thing to help others -- I, too, remember that Christmas when you were in 5th grade Jonathan. Do you rememember that the address that the social worker gave Ms. Brunner was wrong and the gifts were actually delivered to the wrong family -- how surprised they must have been to open their door to see your Dad standing there with several large bags full of presents . . . . they were so very grateful!

Linda said...

We, too, are so thankful for wonderful people like you in our lives. The Komoll-Ollmann's are both friends and family and I think from now on we should be "FRAMILY"! What do you think?

Guess when Hayden will arrive!!