Thursday, December 13, 2007

Washington drivers

So last night Jon and I had another close call thanks to the 'wonderful' Washington drivers. It would have been an exact month yesterday that Jon was in his car accident and last night he was almost in another with me right next to him.

We were on a bypass to merge onto I-5 which happened to be 2 lanes. The lady in the left lane was not paying attention to the stopped cars in front of her and almost hit them. Instead of breaking or doing anything she came over into our lane almost taking us out. Jon had to break and use the shoulder of the road just to avoid her by mere inches.

The crazy thing was I was right in the middle of a contraction and then for the next 45 minutes or so continued having them for a total of 9. I finally took a shower however and they began to stop and slow down.

We are now monitoring my contractions a little better just in case of premature labor. I do have a doctors appointment tomorrow so I am not too concerned, just glad we weren't plastered against the guardrail last night.

2 comments:

DustyJase said...

Hi Guys!
I cant believe it! That is too close of a call on the freeway, I can picture that I-5 freeway, ...Glad all 3 of you are okay!I was secretly hoping Hayden was on his way though! I cant wait...love reading the updates...take care! Love You!

Ruchell said...

Holy Cow! Thank goodnesss you are ok! I started having those contractions once I was 37 weeks. I was in prelabor with contractions the entire week before Brooklynn came. Good Luck!

Guess when Hayden will arrive!!