Sunday, December 23, 2007

Home at Last

Well as a new mom I can say our little buddle of joy has been a blessing. On our ride home from the hospital Wednesday Hayden didn't fuss at all, even after the circumcision that morning. Being home with him is honestly almost like a dream that has finally come true. It is amazing how he can be so perfect even when he is crying because he has a dirty diaper or needs to be fed. At night when I get up to check on him because he is making his funny noises and I can't help but to stare at my gorgeous baby boy.

Jon and I have discovered a few things about our little boy. He has my lips and Jon loves to play with his lower lip because he sticks it out when Jon does. He also has my huge toes which can grab a finger, which is actually quite impressive. The best thing however are the noises and facial expressions he makes while sleeping. He likes to use his eyebrows while making these faces.

Being a new mom is a challenge but I can truly say Hayden is a blessing and we are so excited to have our darling boy with us on Christmas this year.

PS Hayden has a mullet.

1 comment:

Life Changed now I'm Moving On said...

Amanda and Jon,
I can only imagine the joy you two have this Christmas with Hayden home, healthy, and happy! Congrats!, enjoy your time with him in this time of brand new parenthood. Missing each of you, and wishing you the best Christmas yet! Love You and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Guess when Hayden will arrive!!