Friday, June 20, 2008

Busy week

Since Father's Day we all have been pretty busy. We were in Portland for half the week. Hayden and I hung out at the hotel most of the time. Monday my mom came by and we went shopping. I got a bathing suit that actually fits so I won't feel left out during vacation. We bought the new carrier which Jon already posted on and Hayden got to ride in a very large firetruck stroller at the mall. Tuesday Hayden spent most of the day sleeping while I worked on my scrapbooks. He probably slept for a good 5 and 1/2 hours during the day. Tuesday night we went to Multnomah Falls to hike and try out the new carrier. It was beautiful. We got some great pictures on our mile hike up the falls. Wednesday we had to check out of the hotel so Hayden and I went shopping while Jon was at work. I strapped him into the carrier and we went to about 20 different stores (Best Buy and Ikea were the top priorities though), but we refrained from buying anything. Probably because I didn't want to carry anything else while I had Hayden on my back.

Finally back at home we can relax. It was a little difficult in the hotel sleeping wise because Hayden got too cold with the air on. We ended up moving his play yard over by the door, which worked - we should have done that the first night. Thursday was Jon's boss's anniversary so we babysat for them. Lizzy and Morgan love Hayden so we had a good time. First we started off at the swimming pool. Hayden loves the water! We put him in his little floater and he just kicked and kicked. But we were only in for about 15 minutes, his diaper completely filled up and he hated it. So needless to say I had a naked little boy on my hands that I was hoping wasn't going to pee on me through the towels I had him wrapped in (Lets just say I bought little swimmers today so we could go to the pool more before vacation). Later that night we went to Chuck E Cheese. We had a good time and were there for about 3 hours. Just in time to get home and get Mr. Crabby Hayden to bed. Good news is he slept very well. Waking up twice and then sleeping until 8:30 this morning!

I almost forgot. Hayden weighs 19.4 lbs now! Isn't that crazy, he is almost too big for his car seat. It is amazing how fast he has grown. Also with him turning 6 months this week today I took his 6 month pictures. They are adorable and I will upload them and all of our other pictures we took this week today. As soon as I find the camera cord. Well we miss everyone and can't wait - 1 month to go!

No comments:

Guess when Hayden will arrive!!