Sunday, June 22, 2008

Did you hear about that new pirate movie? I heard it was rated ARRRRR!!!!


Well another busy weekend...Friday night after work I went golfing with my boss at his country club. It was an amazing course, but we only had time to play 9 holes. Afterwards we headed back to his house for some cocktails, where Amanda and Hayden were already. It was a blast.


Saturday morning we were excited to go to the beach because we thought there was a sand castle building contest...turns out that is next weekend; glad I can read a calendar!! :)
Instead we went to Westport, they have a little pirate festival every year so we decided to check it out. It was actually kind of neat; saw a seal swim 2 feet from where we were on the pier; two huge pirate ships...and A LOT of people dressed as pirates. To be honest that was kind of weird...especially since they all acted in character...well at least I think they were just acting...hopefully. We got home pretty late, rented the "Bucket List" (which was really good, but made Amanda cry) and headed to bed.


Tomorrow I head back to Portland for the week, by myself this time. Not really looking forward to that, I'm going to miss them both since Amanda has her internship starting this week.
Next weekend we are going to head to the beach for the sandcastle contest. Hope everyone has a great week!!!

1 comment:

Jack and Cheryl said...

Hi you three,

Boy, you guys sure keep yourselves busy! Sounds like a great time at the pirate festival. I've tried to talk Dad into going to the Reniassance Faire -- a teacher from school works there. She said it's great -- everyone is in costume & character. To me that sounds like a lot of fun -- to dad it sounds boring.............

Take lots of pictures next weekend at the sand sculpting. If the sand sculptures are as good as the ice sculptures we've seen in the Dells it should be amazing!

The videos are great (I love the chewing one!) & the pictures are good too. Nice job Amanda! Hayden looks so grown up in that little outfit. I think you guys need to take a bit of Bonnie's attitude -- keep him little longer -- he's moving too fast for Grandma & Grandpa . . . .

Love you all! Give Hayden a rub from me.

Guess when Hayden will arrive!!