Monday, April 14, 2008

Everything is just a giggle now!

Well, Mr. Hayden is doing great. One big thing now is he is starting to giggle. I am taking a parent/infant class with him and we are learning a lot of new songs and fun things to do. So every morning when I change him from his night outfit to his outfit for the day I do the mouse song with him and he just giggles and smiles away. Don't worry we got it on video so you can see it! Once we get Internet in our apartment I will try and upload videos as well.

Last week I weighed him on the scale with me and subtracted my weight without him and he is 15.8 pounds. Yes, he is close to 16 lbs and is not even 4 months yet. He is still having problems waking up at night. So we are thinking we may have to start him on rice in the evenings before he goes to bed. He is just too big and I don't think just milk is doing it for him anymore.

The good news is he is starting to take a bottle a lot better from someone other than me. With night classes and working Jon has been the one to put him to bed every night. Which I can honestly say is hard for me because I miss seeing him close his eyes and curl up in his crib. It is funny how much I go into Hayden withdrawals and I spend most of the day with him, but I guess that happens when you become a mother.

Anyway that is about all of the updates I can think of, but I will try to keep everyone more up to date with pictures and all of the fun details. Miss everyone!

4 comments:

Life Changed now I'm Moving On said...

Hi Guys!
I miss you all! It seems as if it has been FOREVER since we've seen each other. I am going to a family birthday party this weekend, and will be bringing the latest Hayden video for everyone to see. I love the updates, and cant wait to hear more once you get the internet in the apartment!
Miss You and Love You All! Lisa

Steve, Stacy, and the kiddos said...

We're looking forward to seeing the video of the big guy on Saturday at Mike & Gail's. I think Hayden may be heading towards the football field before the soccer field, Jon. Kylie was only 19 pounds at 1 year old. :) Sounds like he's gonna be a linebacker!!

Can't wait to meet him and see you guys. Seems like it's been forever since you've been around. Kylie was asking about you guys the other day.

I'm so glad you're enjoying parenthood. Isn't it the greatest?? It honestly continues to get better and better. They're so much fun! :)

We miss you all!!

Melissa said...

Amanda,
You are an amazing MOM! (of course Jon is good too!)
LOVE YOU!

Ruchell said...

Isn't it great when they laugh? That has to be the best sound in the world! Jon mentioned you will be in town in September - let me know and we can hang out.

Guess when Hayden will arrive!!