Thursday, April 24, 2008

Rough day in the Ollmann household...

Well today has been no walk in the park. Hayden has a cold, he hasn't got a fever and three days ago he had a spit up that I swore sounded like vomit when coming out, but that was the only time. He is pretty congested though, and it looks like I might be coming down with whatever he has as well. Jon is lucky however because I think he had this bug last week.

Last night we put a pillow under the mattress in Hayden's crib it is suppose to help with the fluid so he can breathe better at night. Only problem is every time he moved to change positions he rolled to the bottom of the crib and woke up. He did sleep a tiny bit better last night. The monkey you see in his pictures on flickr is now his new favorite object to hold when he goes to sleep.

This morning was very rough. I woke up feeling horrible and poor Hayden could hardly breathe so we propped him up in our bed with pillows and he fell asleep sitting up, poor little guy. He slept until Jon and I started getting up and ready for the day. That was it, and for the rest of the morning Hayden was crabby. He wouldn't take his morning nap and I am not sure if it is because he doesn't feel good or he wanted attention. I tried everything from feeding him, rocking him, using his nook, reading to him, distracting him with the TV, and even trying to sooth him. NOTHING. It was very frustrating, finally about 15 minutes ago I just had to put him in his swing and leave the room because I felt helpless. What do you know, he finally fell asleep.

Well I just wanted to keep everyone updated on Hayden. If he gets worse today I am going to take him to the doctor to see if maybe it is an ear infection like Aunt Pat said. The only thing his, he hasn't been pulling on his ears, but it could be that he doesn't have the best use of his hands yet. Well wish you all were here or we were there for support. Miss everyone, I will keep you updated on Hayden's status!

2 comments:

Ruchell said...

Poor Hayden! It is awful when you can't help them feel better. When Brooklynn was congested we put a vaporizer in her room it seemed to help when she was sleeping. Good Luck! I am thinking of you guys!

Life Changed now I'm Moving On said...

Hi Guys!
Ruchell is right poor Hayden and Amanda! I hope you both get better soon! We'll be thinking about you and hoping it is just a day or two thing...keep us updated! Love You All! Lisa

Guess when Hayden will arrive!!