Saturday, April 26, 2008

Ocean Shores

Today we went to Ocean Shores, a small ocean town on an isthmus on the Pacific Ocean. At first we thought it was going to be a bust of a trip. The weather was beautiful, but there was not much to do. There was an area where you could rent a horse or a moped for an hour; but with a four month old that is not feisable. So we went to explore the area and stumbled on the Ocean Shores Interpretive Center. Inside the was a display of animals in the area, both on land and in the ocean. There was also a room dedicated to ship wrecks that have occurred at the entrance of Grays Harbor. There was a set of china from the late 1800's, the wheel that Hayden is holding in the picture on Flickr, and outside they even had a section of a wrecked ship.

It was not the most impressive museum, but we got a lot out of it. Plus, we found out something that Miss Amanda got really excited about. Right now the grey whales are migrating from Mexico up the western US coast to Alaska. The staff gave us directions to another side of the area where you can see them if you are lucky. Well, we were kind of lucky. We saw 2 spurts shoot out of the water and a sea lion swimming around. Unfortulately the whales did not jump out of the water like at SeaWorld and Hayden slept through about 80% of that.

The good thing is that we found a section of Ocean Shores that we liked, even an area for surfing. The only concern Amanda keeps bringing up is the Great White Sharks that are in the area. What a wuss, huh?? Well that is about it. Oh yea, when we got home Hayden was sucking on Amanda's finger and she felt something on his upper gum line. Turns out, it looks like his first tooth is coming in already. It is tough to get him to sit still long enough to get a picture of it, but I think you can see it well enough if you look on Flickr.

Thats all for now, hope everyone has a great weekend!!

P.S. Hailee, Amanda says she thinks Hayden liked your outfit the best because he NEVER pooped on it. She mistyped it before.

4 comments:

Pat & Brian said...

Hi Jon, Amanda and Hayden,

Thanks so much for all the cute photos. It seems like we have already met Hayden. He is just so precious.
I love all your one liners on each photo, my favorite is the cannon ball one. And teeth already! Wow, you guys better watch out, he will be giving you a run for your money very soon. Just can't wait to REALLY meet him, and I know we are at the bottom of the HOLD ME chain. Grandma is going to be doing a lot of that. I totally understand it too. Even though they tire me out mentally and physically they are such a ray of sunshine, all of them in their own way. Love my grandkids to death. Glad you all had such a nice day, have a great week. Love to you all,
Brian and Pat

Jack and Cheryl said...

Sounds like a really fun day! Too bad you didn't get to see the whales jumping, but you can always go back sometime.

We'll be going on Flicker in a moment to see all the pictures of that cute grandchild - you too Amanda!!

Hailee is happy that she's got the poop-free outfit -- but grandma's thinking that won't last too long!

Life Changed now I'm Moving On said...

Hi Guys,
I love the photos on line, it looks like a really quaint little town and museum..and the beach looks amazing. I am loving the outfit he has on, I cant believe he already fits into 6-9 months! He is just so adorable, and oh I am so biased but he is the cutest nephew ever! I am missing you both, when you get a chance, I have a great "maybe" idea for Mothers Day, and Someones birthday on the 19th..Love You All and July cant come fast enough for me! Love, Lisa

Charlie & Nicole said...

Hey Jon, Amanda, and Hayden,

I am just learning this whole blogging system, so sorry I haven't sent anything out sooner, but I have really enjoyed looking online at the adoreable pictures of Hayden.

I hope that on your next visit to Wisconsin we might be able to get together and I'd love to actually meet Hayden!!!

I hope the three of you are doing well.

Love,

Nicole

Guess when Hayden will arrive!!