Friday, April 25, 2008

Good News!

Well the good news is the antibiotics are working! We have a much happier baby today. Even though he woke up 5 times last night. I got at least 2 1/2 hour stretch of sleep for at least 2 of those times.

What Jon failed to post last night about the doctors visit was the fact we have a 17 pound baby on our hands. The doctor flat out told us "feed him." I almost laughed to myself for worrying about it being too soon to give Hayden rice cereal, and the doctor is basically telling us it is okay to start on other solids as well.

Today I went to dress him and discovered his 6-9 month onesies and some of the other 6-9 month clothes fit him. I was in shock, but I guess that is why his other onesies are so tight when he has a wet diaper. I'm sure Hayden is a lot more comfortable now. So I am sad to say we had to retire a lot of his clothes. Sorry Hailee that meant the outfit you picked out for him. It was one of his favorites. I am drawing this conclusion from the mere fact he did get poop all over it when he was wearing it (which he has done in almost ever outfit!).

Well he is sitting right here with me writing it and says hi to all and wishes that he could drool all over everyone like he is on the key board. Miss you all!

3 comments:

Life Changed now I'm Moving On said...

Hi Amanda,Jon, and Hayden,
YEAH! I am so happy that Hayden is feeling better, Amanda, how are you feeling? I love the new pics on flicker, I don't think I can chose my favorite, but I am able to make one of the the background on my computer so that I can smile everytime I see my way to ADORABLE nephew. (My hubby says I am obsessed because I look at the 2 blogs daily, yours and our parents, but I just love Hayden and miss you guys!) Anyways I am happy to hear that he is feeling better, thank you for updating us I was wondering how he was doing today. Hope to chat soon! Love You All, Lisa

Ruchell said...

Poor Hayden and Mommy & Daddy. Glad to hear he is getting better. Wow he is going to be a football player. Brooklynn is just over 18 lbs. You go Hayden!

Pat & Brian said...

Hello Ollmann's,

So glad to hear the Dr. saw him and helped him get better. It is so hard to know what is bothering the little ones. I hope you all get back to regular sleep, I know you need it as busy as you are. Thanks for all the cute photos, is there anyway you could send some via the internet to a Walgreens near our home? I would love to take some to Grandpa Gordie. I would pay for them, let me know please. I saw him today and he cried when I told him what is happening in Uralsk. But he was much better when I left. I am going to visit him as often as I can. He misses your mom so much. (we won't mention that to her though, she has enough to worry about) He is good mentally and physically also. Wish our mom was as sharp as he is. Well that is all for now. Talk to you again soon. Love and Hugs to you all.

Guess when Hayden will arrive!!